Pages

27 March 2012

Vinto Pizzeria

My wife's birthday called for a celebration. I sent an email to her late in the afternoon to see if she wanted to try a new restaurant. She was more willing than I expected, so I was excited to make the trip to the SLC and try Vinto Pizzeria on a recommendation.
We arrived at about 8 pm and were seated almost immediately. The decor was nice. I won't elaborate other than to say I liked the intimacy of the restaurant. We were seated at the end of a wall bench with a table and chair (think booth on one side shared with the table next to us and a chair on the other side).
Our server was equipped with the latest in wireless ordering. We both ordered Italian Soda. I had a peach, while my wife had a coconut flavored one. Mine was forgettable, and I would steal sips of hers while she wasn't paying attention. We both hadn't eaten that day, so my wife asked if they could make a flatbread, and the server said he could alter the menu and make a simple parmesan cheese or herb flatbread. We ordered the parmesan cheese and the meatball appetizer to start. The meatballs were slightly spicy, but I daresay it was one of the best I've eaten. The sauce was a very well flavored tomato sauce with fresh herbs that we quickly mopped up with our remaining flatbread. So far so good.
I had been in the mood for wood fired pizza, so my entree choice was simple. I had Pepperoni and she ordered a Margherita. The pepperoni on mine was slightly warm with spice and I increased that with the crushed red pepper provided. The crust was decent. Not bad not great. However, I enjoyed my pizza and wanted to taste hers for comparison. Her fresh basil was a nice change of pace from my spicy pizza. The herb flavor was excellent. We boxed the remainder of hers to go and ordered a small dessert.

The in house Gelato sounded good, but the dark chocolate only come in a 'water-based' version and not a true Gelato. I was tempted to get a Cannoli gelato, but opted instead for a Ginger. It was definitely unlike any other ice cream I've had, but both she and I liked how it refreshed after our meal and it was a good ending to a satisfying meal.
I'll keep this on my list of restaurants to go back to after I'm done trying those I haven't been to yet.
Let's try a rating system out of 10:
I'd say this was a 7



Vinto on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Greg said...

Hi Klark,

Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/54/1476949/restaurant/East-Central/Vinto-Salt-Lake-City

I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

- Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

- Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/54/7714/Salt-Lake-City/Hopped-Up-on-the-Q.html

- Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

Thanks,
Greg

www.urbanspoon.com

Greg said...

Thanks, Klark! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/54/7714/Salt-Lake-City/Hopped-Up-on-the-Q.html

Best,
Greg

www.urbanspoon.com